Join our mission
We're looking for a dedicated working student in digital marketing. This is your opportunity to join our dynamic team and make a difference in a fast-paced startup focused on quantum computing. Direct knowledge in quantum computing isn't required! If you enjoy working on challenging problems and taking responsibility, you're exactly who we're looking for!
We've recently completed our seed funding round and have been featured in major publications such as Handelsblatt and the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ). Additionally, Gründerszene ranked us as one of the 10 most promising startups of 2023. If you want to learn more about Quantagonia, visit our website or listen to our latest Startup Insider Podcast.
Please note that you must be an EU citizen for this position or have work authorization for the EU!
- Invent and implement abstractions to simplify the development of quantum circuits.
- Work on quantum domain-specific languages (qDSLs) and Quantagonia's cross-compiler endeavor.
- Contribute to quantum code synthesis approaches.
- Collaborate with the applications team to analyze customer code and create customized quantum algorithms, integrating them into classical application codes.
- Optional: Take part in research projects on the subject and publish your research within the academic community.
- ...and have a lot of fun doing all of the above!
Naturally, you will have the opportunity and time to learn on the job and grow into a central piece of our young and ambitious team. In addition to that, we expect a certain degree of self-reliance through, e.g. proactively taking up issues from the backlog and coordinating with the product owner to integrate your changes into the production environment.
Generally, we expect a successful applicant for this position to be a hands-on practitioner of quantum algorithm design and implementation with a solid background in computer science and software engineering.
- MSc/PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field involving software engineering and discrete mathematics.
- Familiarity with key quantum algorithm building blocks (QPE, QFT) and their integration into established algorithms.
- Experience with major Quantum Computing Frameworks (preferably Qiskit).
- Proficient in working with classical code bases, including contributions to open source projects.
- Some familiarity with NISQ quantum computer development processes through personal simulator experiments.
The ideal candidate furthermore has a general understanding of at least one application area of quantum computing (simulation, optimization, AI, …).
- Very flexible working environment you can adapt to your personal needs, be it in terms of working hours or location (with limitations) - your happiness and productivity are what matters in the end!
- Flat hierarchies with a direct and open approach to your personal development and role in the team.
- Personal development opportunities through close collaboration with founders, world leading development experts and industry experts
- Integration into the academic community and time off for certifications, courses etc
We prefer a hybrid working model with at least some time (think, e.g. 1 day a week or at least every second week) in our office in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. If working remotely, you need to be located in an EU country.
Based in Germany, Quantagonia is at the cutting edge of Quantum Computing, helping companies apply it to their businesses to create game-changing strategic advantages. This is your opportunity to have a significant positive impact on the growth of a company, build your own skillset, and experience the satisfaction of working at the forefront of a category that will shape the future of society.
We appreciate your interest to join our growing team.