Join Our Mission
Based in Germany with offices in the US and Sweden, Quantagonia is at the cutting edge of Quantum Computing helping companies apply it to their business to create game-changing strategic advantages. This is your opportunity to have a significant positive impact on the growth of a company, build your own skill set, and have the satisfaction of working at the cutting edge of a category that will shape the future of society.
What you’ll be doing:
Embrace “the full scientific stack” from idea to product:
- Develop and tune novel algorithms.
- Parallelize, tune and distribute your HPC code.
- Integrate your results into the overall product.
- Eventually, publish your findings to the scientific community.
- Analyze and benchmark novel hardware w.r.t its suitability for our products and, if, applicable, integrate it.
We are a young and ambitious team of highly engaged experts. Your role will shift between “computational scientist” and “research engineer” as needed. In effect, you’ll bridge the worlds of science and engineering and as a side effect, have a ton of fun seeing your scientific findings hard at work for our customers!
What you'll bring to the role:
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing scientific codes.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Strong experience with developing and implementing ML/AI methods,e.g., Regression, SVMs, Bayesian learning, Dimensionality Reduction and Kernel methods, GNNs, and others.
- Ability to work close to the hardware, specifically experience with implementation of (Sparse) Linear Algebra routines in C++.
- Familiarity with High-Performance Computing, parallel implementation, and code performance optimization.
- Solid mathematical foundation, esp. Numerical Mathematics, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics.
- A track record of contributions to scientific projects, e.g. through public code repositories
- Ability to translate research papers into code, build prototypes and iterate quickly
- Excellent communication skills, team-oriented, with a strong emphasis on understandability and code quality
- Scientific curiosity and the drive to constantly learn and adapt quickly
- Explicit experience with developing codes running on HPC hardware, e.g., GPUs, FPGAs, heterogeneous distributed systems, etc.
- Experience with developing Simulation methods, Mathematical Optimization, and similar.
- Experience with developing production-ready code in a complex software project.
- Knowledge and/or experience with existing quantum computing technologies.
How you’ll lead:
- Strong leadership- and ownership attitude: you will take an active part in the ownership of the product. You will actively maintain it and deliver features from the roadmap.
- Be a flexible and strong team player, with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to think outside the box.
- Use your desire to proactively learn new technologies and look for ways to improve code, processes, and the team.
- Bridge the gap between scientists and engineers by bringing in your experience from both fields, going all the way from idea to product.
What can you expect from us:
- A high degree of responsibility and potential to make an impact and shape the company product.
- A passionate and international team of scientists, mathematicians, and engineers.
- Very flexible working environment you can adapt to your personal needs, be it in terms of working hours or location - your happiness and productivity are what matters in the end!
- Flat hierarchies with a direct and open approach to your personal development and role in the team.
- Opportunity to learn new technologies, be it quantum computing, software development, or anything in between!